The YEIP project was created in response to the urgent need to develop effective policies to improve the social inclusion of young people and to minimize the risk of marginalization and radicalization. This initiative, co-founded by the ERASMUS + Programme of the European Commission, aims to develop and test a model and different resources based on positive, participatory or youth-led approaches, focused on talents and strengths
The results of the research and fieldwork activities carried out in the partners’ countries (United Kingdom, Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Portugal, Sweden and Romania), collected and analysed by young researchers trained to lead the operationalisation of the methodology, were summarised in national reports (available soon on the project website). Moreover, the youth recommendations were integrated into the model and resources for prevention that are currently being tested in different settings: schools, universities, prisons and online.
In Portugal, the test will be implemented in schools and includes three stages:
– Establishment of the experimental and control groups
– Completion of the pre-intervention questionnaire by teachers and students of both groups
– Conducting a training session with the teachers (experimental group)
– Monitoring of the two groups during the observation period
- Post intervention
– Completion of the post-intervention questionnaire by teachers and students of both groups
– Analysis of the results and development of the national report
On April 15, an intense and very productive training session was held in Lisbon with teachers from different educational institutions. INOVA + is thankful for the support Escola Profissional Almirante Reis has provided in organizing the event and grateful for the willingness of all participating teachers to collaborate with the YEIP project.